DAOC UI Mods
These are various user interface (UI) mods for the Trials of Atlantis
DAOC client. Most, if not all of them were originally created by others,
then modified by me to suit me. If they suit you, too, feel free to make
use of them.
I refer you to the Camelot Herald for instructions on
how to install, use, and/or create UI mods, though I have included notes
on a few of the more complex mods I host.
Note: any mod that includes an
assets.xml file will
have the changes at the bottom, marked off as 'custom code' in the
comments. This is for ease of cutting and pasting the custom stuff
to any new versions of
assets.xml that Mythic may bless
Note: anywhere I refer to 'someone else's' mod, I'd actually
like to know who the 'someone else' is, so I can credit them. Please drop me
a note if you know.
A few additional resources:
The UI Mods
- Chat window with clock (Updated for 1.69)
- Chat window with clock embedded in the titlebar. This is a
modification of Giljorak's chat window that had an embedded clock
and lagmeter. I didn't want a lagmeter there, so I removed it. Note
that the clock is also invisible QUIT button.
- Chat window with embedded clock, compass & lagmeter (Updated for 1.69)
- Chat window with all but the kitchen sink embedded in the titlebar.
This is also a modification of Giljorak's chat window. A friend
wanted a chat window with a compass, too, so I added it. Note
that the clock is also invisible QUIT button.
- Chat window with embedded clock, bordered compass & lagmeter (Updated for 1.69)
- Chat window with everything, but I found a compass graphic with a
border that looked better than the stock one when embedded in the chat
window bar. Compass graphic and modified
assets.xml file for custom compass setups (Updated for 1.69)
- Custom compass graphics generally require an entry to be added to
assets.xml file for the compass graphic. This one has
it already added for you. All you need to do is put this
assets.xml file and the compass graphic of your choosing
compass.bmp) into your
directory, change your skin to 'Custom', and you have a new compass!
- Quillx's framed compass, fixed (Updated for 1.69)
- I found this compass on DAOCmods (I think), and I liked the basic
idea--a compass with a decorative frame, including a centerline, but
the file I had didn't work. It was incomplete. I fixed it so it
worked. It has a limitation--since there's no way to tell the UI to switch
frame graphics when you switch compass sizes, you have to pick small or large
and stick with it. Otherwise it looks really stupid when the frame doesn't
change size with the compass. Fortunately, most players set their compass
to the size they want, move it where they want it, and leave it there forever.
compass.bmp, Quillixx.tga, and
assets.xml go in your
directory. Pick one of
lg_compass_wborder.xml, put it in your
ui/custom directory, and rename it to
the included compass graphic (
compass.bmp) does not suit you,
use any of the dozens of other compass graphics out there.
- Mini-group window with digital health, endurance, and power read-outs (New for 1.69)
This is a 1.69 modification of the old digital health & power group window
that adds digital endurance read-out. It's a simple, but very useful mod
that I like and use.
- Mini-info window with Craft, Repair & Salvage buttons (Updated for 1.69)
This mod is courtesy of several posts to the VN TOA UI Mods board by other
talented people. Very handy for a crafter.
- Pet window with top pet health and pet buffs
- Another modification of someone else's work. An enchantress friend of
mine liked the mod with pet health and buffs at the top of the minipet
window (mini-pet window? Where's the full-size pet window?), but didn't
want the extra enemy target bar at the bottom that the original mod had.
So, I removed the extra target bar.
- Pet window with decimal health readout (Updated for 1.69)
- A very simple mod--added a decimal read-out of pet health to right of
pet health bar.
- Summary Window with all-digital xp,realm rank, ML xp read-outs. (Updated for 1.69)
- Based on Pelagaesius' work, heavily modified. The original by
Pelagaesius had a digital experience, power and health read-outs added
to right of xp, power and health bars. He also added a realm point bar
and digital realm point readout. After using this for a few weeks, I
realized I wasn't even looking at the bars anymore for experience and
realm points, just the digital readouts. I also wanted to track my
Master Level experience. So, I took the original and removed the XP
bar, the RP bar, added a digital ML xp readout, and re-sized the window
for the smaller configuration.
- Summary Window with digital readouts plus realm rank bar (Updated for 1.69)
- A slight modification of Pelagaesius' original. I removed the
guild shield background to the summary window.